Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Let It Go

I seem to have spent a lot of time looking back recently, maybe that’s just a natural thing to do at this time of year or perhaps it’s my age. Life has a nasty way of creeping up on you when you’re too busy with it to notice. You’re thinking about the report you have due on Friday and the leaky tap in the downstairs bath that needs fixing and that expensive sounding noise coming from the oily bits of your Explorer, and all the while the clock is running. I have undoubtedly passed the point where I have more behind me than I have out in front. Either way, 2014 is just about done and I can’t help thinking that’s a good thing.

There will be no ‘best of’ lists or ‘shelfies’ on the blog this time around. I have read very little this year and written even less. While there have been one or two high points, like ONE EYE PRESS publishing my western novella GOSPEL OF THE BULLET and our Katie turning 21, 2014 has for the most part been an exercise in frustration and futility that I would rather just forget. But so what? This year will soon be last year and I for one am done bitching about it. As of right now I’m also done looking back. Onwards to 2015!
Whatever your wish for yourself during the coming year I hope it comes true. Stay hungry, stay free, and I’ll see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Well have at it.