Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fall Reads 2 - We're gonna need a bigger boat.

So here I was thinking I pretty much had things covered with a pile of good reading to take me well into the the winter months. But recently a whole truck load of hard-boiled treats for the kindle generation have appeared and are demanding to be added to roster. I wouldn't hold myself as no kind of a man if I didn't let you in on them.
 
41 stories, one great cause. Not only do you get some of the best names in crime fiction with this anthology, you also get that warm fuzzy feeling that can only be had from supporting a very worthwhile cause. For more information get over to Thomas Pluck's site and hear about it from the big man himself. Tommy P

 
 
This new novel from Snubnose Press is a collaboration from Frank Zafiro and Jim Wilsky. I must admit I'm not familiar with Frank’s work, but I'm a huge fan of Jim's short stories (He has a couple of crackers up over at Shotgun Honey) so I'm really looking forwards to dipping into this full length offering.

 
 
Joe Clifford is a real stand up dude and a damn fine writer. His début collection of short stories is another new release by Snubnose Press. If it's anything like his previous work published on-line it will be well worth the admission.

 
 
This is a Novella that harks back to the grand and gritty old age of pulp. 'Bluff City Brawler' is the latest in the 'Fightcard' series. Each book is written by a different author under the pen name of Jack Tunney. This particular little gem is by that wonderful purveyor of all things noir Heath Lowrance. 'Nuff said.

 
We can stick with Heath Lowrance as his second full length novel is also out this week. His first, 'The Bastard Hand was a damn fine tale. Heath tells me he thinks 'City of Hertics' is his best work to date. If that's even halfway close to the truth then this really is one not to miss.


 
 
There is also a plethora of new short stuff hitting the streets at the moment, including the first Shotgun Honey anthology, but more on them another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Well have at it.