Friday, August 10, 2012

Review - Dirty Words

I've got some 'Dirty Words' for ya. I know what you're thinking, I should quit running the potty mouth 'cause it's not big and it's not clever. But these words aren't mine, they belong to Todd Robinson and they're damn good.




I read a lot of short stories both on the kindle and in the flesh, it's where I live. Mainly I do it for the hit, but I'd be lying if I told you I didn't like to see how the other guys cook their stew. I can tell you now the 11 tales in 'Dirty Words' are the best I have come across in a very long time. I dug every one of them and that's something I've never been able to say about a collection before.

These are my kind of stories; rammed full of mobbed up bad guys, dive bars and wise cracking low-lifes. Todd Robinson writes what he knows and the mean streets of his New York bleed through the pages like an open wound. 'Dirty Words' is brutal, clever and at times laugh out loud funny, but above all that it's brilliantly crafted. This really is hard boiled bad ass at it's best.

My only complaint? Where the hell is the second volume!


Buy it now, you can thank me later: Dirty Words

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Well have at it.