Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Trick or Treat

Halloween is almost upon us and we will soon be drowning in countless horror anthologies; I predict most of them will have at least one ghoulish pumpkin on the cover (remember you heard it here first).

Hey don’t get me wrong, I’m not knocking it, but if wading through endless tales of ghosts and goblins sends a shiver down your spine. Here are a couple of quick reads that you can blow through while you’re waiting for another load of kids in bed sheets to knock on your door. You are meant to give them beer and cigarettes right?

Order from Amazon

 
 
 
 


Nigel Bird proves once and for all that there is more to British crime than wise cracking cockney gangsters with this dark story of life on the cruel streets of a Scottish town.
 
 
Order from Amazon
 
 
 
 


Two girls go on the run with a trunk load of pot and wind up being persuaded across Northern California by a sociopathic killer. Now that right there is my kind of road movie Mr. Pitts.
 

Both of these are high on my hit list so I’ll be reviewing them over at Out of the Gutter sometime soon. But don’t sit around waiting for me to get my act together, go and check them out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something on your mind? Well have at it.